Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man convicted of assaulting Deerfield police officer
A jury convicted Stanley West, 41, of three counts of simple assault on a law enforcement officer and a single count of resisting arrest.
Prosecutors argued West pummeled Deerfield police Officer Roger St. Onge on Dec. 19 after the officer asked if he could come into home. West told St. Onge he could not come in the house, but then pushed him off a front stoop, sat on him and repeatedly punched the officer in the face, prosecutors said.
A jury in Rockingham County Superior Court reached its verdict Friday morning around 11:30 a.m.
The simple assault charges carry enhanced penalties, West faces two to five years in state prison on each count.
Judge N. William Delker allowed West to remain free on bail. A sentencing date has not been set.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424