Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man convicted of assaulting Deerfield police officer
A jury convicted Stanley West, 41, of three counts of simple assault on a law enforcement officer and a single count of resisting arrest.
Prosecutors argued West pummeled Deerfield police Officer Roger St. Onge on Dec. 19 after the officer asked if he could come into home. West told St. Onge he could not come in the house, but then pushed him off a front stoop, sat on him and repeatedly punched the officer in the face, prosecutors said.
A jury in Rockingham County Superior Court reached its verdict Friday morning around 11:30 a.m.
The simple assault charges carry enhanced penalties, West faces two to five years in state prison on each count.
Judge N. William Delker allowed West to remain free on bail. A sentencing date has not been set.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424