Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Jury gets case of man who claims self-defense in attack on police officer
"There's no question that (this) 320 pound man launched that officer from that front step," Reid said.
Samdperil also echoed the couple's suggestion during their testimony that St. Onge's tone when he asked to come into the home was suspicious. He said the police cruiser was parked out of sight from the couple's front door.
Reid told the jury to consider how much of a threat St. Onge, dressed in a police uniformed, actually posed.
He suggested to jurors that West could not rely on the "use of force" law because his actions were excessive. Reid said West could have simply pushed the officer, instead of leaping on top of him, pinning St. Onge to the ground and punching him multiple times in the face.
"He is pursuing him, tackling him and beating him," Reid said.
The defense called two witnesses on Thursday, including West's wife, Margaret Jane Schultz, who testified she was awoken to her dog barking.
Schultz testified that she armed herself with a handgun and followed her husband to the front door to investigate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424