Home » News » Public Safety
Candia selectmen seal minutes of non-public meeting with police chief
However, he added, “I don’t want to go anywhere, I plan on being here for the long haul.”
Board member Dick Snow, who initially was supportive of releasing the minutes, changed his mind during Friday’s meeting and agreed to seal the minutes.
Soares was the sole vote against sealing the minutes. She said during the non-public she reversed a previous decision that she made.
“While I am unhappy about it, I did it to start with a clean slate. No vote was needed,” she said, while declining to go into further detail.“Sealing the minutes creates the impression we are trying to hide something,” Snow said.
“Like the dog and pony shows we have on Mondays,” he said, referring to the board’s regularly scheduled meetings.
“It could have been a serious issue, but I think it got taken care of in the proper manner. It shouldn’t have happened in the first place, and it didn’t, but I can’t go into what that was. Let’s just say that the public interest was served at the meeting,” Snow said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072