Old Home Day Parade returns in Belmont after one year off
Last summer, the downtown's revitalization project tied up the downtown streets along the traditional parade route, and the usually well-attended parade was reduced to a small event at Belmont High School, said Judy Hayes, one of the leaders of Girl Scout Troop 21532.
Local Girl Scouts, meanwhile, have received a donation from the Belmont Heritage Commission and artifacts from the Belmont Historical Society to display on their yearly parade float, and have found some Girl Scout uniforms from decades past, Hayes said. They aren't sure what year the uniforms are from, she said.
"We've been rummaging through all kinds of historical stuff, and we've found some real old uniforms," she said. "But mostly the girls will be wearing colonial dress to fit in with the 'Belmont Pride' theme of the parade."
The Old Home Day parade begins on Main Street at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 56
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 8
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it