Home » News » Roads and Travel
Old Home Day Parade returns in Belmont after one year off
Last summer, the downtown's revitalization project tied up the downtown streets along the traditional parade route, and the usually well-attended parade was reduced to a small event at Belmont High School, said Judy Hayes, one of the leaders of Girl Scout Troop 21532.
Local Girl Scouts, meanwhile, have received a donation from the Belmont Heritage Commission and artifacts from the Belmont Historical Society to display on their yearly parade float, and have found some Girl Scout uniforms from decades past, Hayes said. They aren't sure what year the uniforms are from, she said.
"We've been rummaging through all kinds of historical stuff, and we've found some real old uniforms," she said. "But mostly the girls will be wearing colonial dress to fit in with the 'Belmont Pride' theme of the parade."
The Old Home Day parade begins on Main Street at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction - 2
- More in Keene paying for parking by cellphone - 0
- Feds to earmark $2M for bridge and road repairs in White Mountain National Forest - 0
- I-93 expansion moves forward in Windham as funding concerns are rising - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release