Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats break out against Squirrels
Kevin Ahrens clubbed a three-run homer and A.J. Jimenez had a two-run bomb for New Hampshire, which compiled 15 hits off four Richmond pitchers.
Deck McGuire earned his seventh win with eight innings of four-hit, two-run ball. He struck out six and walked only one to improve his record to 7-9.
New Hampshire trailed 2-1 but took control with a four-run third inning, keyed by Nolan’s double and Jimenez’s homer. They tacked on three in the fifth thanks to Ahrens’ home run, and another three in the sixth on two wild pitches and a sacrifice fly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
- Soccer kings' dominance unparalleled - 0
- (No heading) - 0
- UPDATED: Hopkinton High lacrosse coach Doug Maynard dies - 0
- Windham field hockey prevails in overtime - 0
- Allen Lessels UNH Notebook: And now, no room for error - 0
- High School Roundup - 0
- Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: Hanover boys are on a roll - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released