Welker: Players 'endure' Belichick while Brady is 'demanding'
Welker signed a free agent contract with the Broncos in the offseason.
“It was just kind of hard. One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. ... But he does it to everybody, it’s the way he is.”
“When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think,” Welker said. “I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”
“He was very intense, wanted it done a certain way and was like, ‘You can’t do it a different way,’ ” Welker said.
Now, he is adjusting to Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.“In New England, if the middle of the field was closed, I’d run a seam route,” Welker said. “It’s something I’ve been doing for six years now, so I have to teach my brain to do it the way (Manning is) expecting me to do it. At the end of the day you run it the way he wants it, or he won’t throw it to you.”Welker will face Belichick and his old team when the Broncos travel to New England on Nov. 24.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Drop-off zones at Central prove effective - 0
- Longview School science teacher lauded - 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos