Welker: Players 'endure' Belichick while Brady is 'demanding'
Welker signed a free agent contract with the Broncos in the offseason.
“It was just kind of hard. One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. ... But he does it to everybody, it’s the way he is.”
“When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think,” Welker said. “I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”
“He was very intense, wanted it done a certain way and was like, ‘You can’t do it a different way,’ ” Welker said.
Now, he is adjusting to Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.“In New England, if the middle of the field was closed, I’d run a seam route,” Welker said. “It’s something I’ve been doing for six years now, so I have to teach my brain to do it the way (Manning is) expecting me to do it. At the end of the day you run it the way he wants it, or he won’t throw it to you.”Welker will face Belichick and his old team when the Broncos travel to New England on Nov. 24.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Vin Sylvia: After Ellsbury: Give the kids a chance - 0
- Penmen follow simple theme - 0
- Last Huddle for Lenahan today - 0
- Monarchs back to work for three-game weekend - 0
- Army captain stops LaMotte in mixed martial arts bout - 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans