Welker: Players 'endure' Belichick while Brady is 'demanding'
Welker signed a free agent contract with the Broncos in the offseason.
“It was just kind of hard. One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. ... But he does it to everybody, it’s the way he is.”
“When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think,” Welker said. “I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”
“He was very intense, wanted it done a certain way and was like, ‘You can’t do it a different way,’ ” Welker said.
Now, he is adjusting to Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.“In New England, if the middle of the field was closed, I’d run a seam route,” Welker said. “It’s something I’ve been doing for six years now, so I have to teach my brain to do it the way (Manning is) expecting me to do it. At the end of the day you run it the way he wants it, or he won’t throw it to you.”Welker will face Belichick and his old team when the Broncos travel to New England on Nov. 24.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice