Rochester tops R.I. in Northeast Legion regional
Anthony DiPizio had four hits and three runs scored for Post 7, and McCormick Struthers had three RBIs in the win. Alex Gray, Justin Jewell, Michael Bailey, and Mark Leahy had four hits apiece.
Rochester's Loukas Brigham tossed seven strong innings for the win, while Joshua Gagne and Luke Roberts each tossed a scoreless inning of relief.
Rochester will play the loser of Saturday night's game between Branford, Conn. and Barnstable, Mass., as the second half of a doubleheader starting at 9:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released