Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two accidents in Bedford net three arrests for drunken driving
The drivers of two cars involved in a crash at about 10:15 p.m. were charged with driving while intoxicated after one car that was stopped while Bedford police checked on the sobriety of the driver was hit by another vehicle driven by a man police said was drunk.
Denise Biddle, 57, was the driver of the one car involved in the first crash.
Police said officers had stopped her vehicle on Wallace Road at Beals Road when a car driven by Roy Kosky, 60, stopped near the vehicle. Officers reported Kosky sped off when they approached. The Kosky vehicle was stopped further down Wallace Road.
Kosky was released on $2,500 cash bail and Biddle was freed on $1,500 personal recognizance.
About an hour later, a motorcyclist was arrested for drunken driving after he allegedly got involved in a crash on the rotary at Donald Street extension and left his passenger by the side of the road.
Police said Steven Winer, 33, left the injured 17-year-old and took off.
But police said he didn't get far, crashing his bike a second time at Donald Street and Old Bedford Road.
Winer was charged with subsequent offense DWI and other traffic offenses and released on personal recognizance bail. The passenger's injuries were not serious, police said.
All three motorists will be in Merrimack District Court on Aug. 19.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424