Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: 'Newsroom' name-drops local mom
"Some news everybody," she tells the press. "Huntsman's fired his New Hampshire campaign manager Ethan Eilon, which is not surprising, and replaced him with Sarah Crawford Stewart, who most recently worked on the Pawlenty campaign, which was of course a huge success."
I recently spent way too much time on www.chadstorybookball.org. The website has pictures of the first ever Story Book Ball in 2011 and I was blown away by the outrageous décor.
This fundraiser for the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth features tables designed with storybook themes. One table was based on "Peter Pan." I'm not talking about a table covered with a plastic "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" tablecloth from iParty, This was an actual 3D Lost Boys treehouse with jungle shrubbery coming out the center of the table. A "Curious George" table was covered in green grass and had the naughty monkey himself flying over the table holding a bunch of balloons.
Some ailments put me on the sidelines for this year's Cigna 5K, but being a spectator was almost as much fun. I can barely remember all the runners I recognized last Thursday, but a few stuck out, including marketing professional Amy Diaz running close to the front pack. I know the mother of three young children hits the pavement almost every day, but it is rare to actually see her running because she and training partner Andrea Munoz are usually getting their runs in at an hour when most of us are sleeping.
The three-day Mahrajan festival takes place at Cedars Melkite Catholic Church this weekend and the entire community is invited to join this annual celebration of Middle Eastern culture. The most important part of any festival is the food, and Mahrajan will feature Lebanese specialties including lamb, beef and chicken kabobs, falafel, tabbouleh and traditional Middle Eastern pastries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene man arrested in assault on 2-year-old - 0
- House upholds three Gov. Hassan vetoes, ends 2014 session - 0
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof