Long-awaited new library officially opening in Durham next month
Residents are invited to come see the new Durham Public Library on Madbury Road during its grand opening Sept. 8. (COURTESY)
When the town got a glimpse of the new library during a "soft opening" Aug. 1, residents were wowed by the energy-efficient, state-of-the-art building within a 1920s brick Tudor-style house, according to Library Director Thomas Madden.
As part of the ceremony, participants can help dedicate a sculpture to honor Margery and Lorus Milne while listening to music by the band Bliss and selections from alumni of the Oyster River Middle School Jazz Band.
Throughout the celebration, residents can see the library through self-guided and "green" tours.
For more information, visit www.durhampubliclibrary.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 21
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 7
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'