Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats settle for split of doubleheader
In the opener, Ryan Schimpf, Andy Burns and Adam Loewen each belted a solo homer and Sean Nolin pitched a complete game nine-hitter to lead the Fisher Cats to a 5-4 triumph.
Losing relief pitcher Randy Boone of New Hampshire started the seventh and final inning with a 5-3 lead. The lead evaporated quickly as doubles from Kyle Knudson, Angel Morales and Rosario tied the game at 5-5.
New Hampshire starter Tyson Brummett pitched four innings, allowing four hits.
Schimpf opened the scoring in the second inning with his 19th homer, to right field.
With one swing, New Britain's Miguel Sano made it a one-run game again with his 14th homer, to left field, in the home fifth. But his homer came just after Nolin picked off New Britain runner Danny Santana at first base. Wilson and Burns each had two hits in the seven-inning affair.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options