NH's Chelso Barrett gains match play in U.S. Amateur Championship
Barrett, of Bretwood Golf Course in Keene, completed the two-day stroke play format with a 2-over-par 72-70-142 score. His even-par 70 Tuesday featured birdies on the par-5, 605-yard 12th hole and par-4, 496-yard 15th hole.
"The competition and the intensity level is 100 times higher here (in Brookline)," said Barrett, who trailed fellow Granite Stater Chris Houston of Gilford by one stroke entering Tuesday's round.
Williamson carved out a one-over 71 Tuesday following his four-over 74 round on Monday. His two birdies on holes 6 and 7 Tuesday couldn't offset three bogeys that eventually cost him a match play berth by one stroke.
Two other New Hampshire players who missed the cut Tuesday were Evan Russell of Grantham (76-70-146) and Will McLaughlin of Bedford (83-76-159).
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options