60 years after Korean War, 62 NH veterans get their due
Before Army Lt. Col. Dennis Snelling presented the awards to 54 men and eight women veterans, he acknowledged that feeling.
The certificates are part of the Department of Defense's recognition of the war's 60th anniversary.
U.S. Rep. Carol Shea-Porter agreed.
"People didn't talk about the Korean War when you came home, we know that," she said. "If you have felt that we haven't noticed, that we don't know your story and what you did, we do, and we appreciate all you did for that country and for this country."
A video from the South Korean government was played that showed images of the war while praising American Korean War vets for helping to keep the country free and allowing it to become the world's 10th largest economic power.
One of the female veterans, Gladys Renoe, 88, of Alexandria, was a Navy nurse serving in a medical unit near the fighting.
Norman Wardman of Milford, who said he's "70-something," said the honor "feels good."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
- Public gets look at new Sarah Long bridge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options