Home » Opinion » Editorials
Police, not prayer: What’s wrong with the picture in Concord?
We suppose that is wise, although the proper weapons and safety training of willing and able on-site school personnel is more likely to help more in such situations.
What is really wrong with this picture, however, is that while police in riot gear are accepted and acceptable at Concord High School, a solitary, unarmed woman praying on the school’s steps is strictly prohibited.
“She’s not teaching prayer; she’s not out there asking kids to come with (her),” Connolly had told the Concord Monitor in May. “She does not promote religion.”
We think the school would be safer if it had both the praying woman AND the police practice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Credit union donates to Honor Flight - 0
- Veterans Briefs: Post 2 events - 0
- Pinkerton freshmen say thanks in cards to veterans - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Weare American Legion plans annual turkey raffle - 0
- Author says Dover's Veterans Day ceremony inspired her book - 0
- Veteran challenges today's youths to greatness - 0
- Whitefield marks Veterans Day by giving thanks for tank - 0
- Grateful for their service, Nashua salutes its veterans - 0
- Fallen Marine, family honored at Peterborough Veterans Day ceremony - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 2
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection