Two-day Greenfield event
Top athletes due at Hampshire 100 bike race
The foundation's accessible recreation and sports program for the disabled is just one of the beneficiaries of the Hampshire 100 and it has been from the start, he said.
The program provides skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, cycling and horseback riding and supports the foundation's mission of helping the disabled pursue fulfilling lives as members of their communities, and enjoying the outdoors is certainly part of that, Redmond said.
More than 50 runners have signed up for the race.
The Cyclocross and Short Track races on Saturday evening are also expected to also attract 50 or more cyclists.
"The mountain bike race is a real favorite among our riders because it tests their skills and stamina, making it a true endurance event," said Randi Whitney, Hampshire 100 event director with the Eastern Fat Tire Association, which holds the event each year. "Riders come back year after year for its well-groomed and marked trails, its challenging route, and the sheer fun of the ride that winds through the beautiful and varied terrain of southern New Hampshire. Cyclists — from pros to first timers — ride to their maximum ability and share experiences and cultures from across the country. It's a great event."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rock Photographer Jeremey Saffer presents 'The Rocking Dead' at Rock & Shock - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk September 17: Deer Hunting Basics - 0
- Tickets on sale for Loeb School Event, featuring Donald Trump - 0
- Win tickets to see Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull in Boston - 0
- Win tickets to see 'America's Test Kitchen with Christopher Kimball' - 0
- BG graduate completes ROTC course - 0
- Glendi being held at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Manchester this weekend - 0
- Getting into character: Granite State Comicon started Saturday in Manchester - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: On apples, bears and unlimited cod - 0
BG graduate completes ROTC course
Brenda Charpentier's Forest Journal: Snapping turtles survive despite some undeserved animosity from humans
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Public be damned: Litchfield latest example
Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence