Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Ex-officer guilty of felony in I-93 crash
Connare avoided a conviction on a drunken-driving misdemeanor charge, as well as two assault-related charges. The trial was held Monday and Tuesday at Hillsborough County Superior Court-North.
"Any conviction on a Class B felony, it's a major accomplishment. It opens the possibility for major punishment," said Merrimack County Attorney Scott Murray.
The crash took place about 7 p.m. on I-93 southbound, just south of the Exit 6 interchange.
At the time, state police said speed and alcohol were contributing factors. Connare, who was off-duty at the time, drove his Mazda A-3 compact into the rear of a Mazda Tribute SUV. Police said Connare's car pushed the SUV off the road and into a bridge abutment. The driver, Hudson resident Heather O'Regan, suffered fractured ribs.
Procedures call for judges to rule on Class B misdemeanors. Superior Court Judge Kenneth Brown rendered the not-guilty verdict on the drunken-driving charge.
"As a tactical matter, if you prosecute a (felony) DWI and you don't prove intoxication, you've got a problem," he said. He said the penalty for a felony DWI conviction is the same as the reckless conduct conviction.
"Obviously, the area where it happened — on an interstate highway — there are serious public safety concerns," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief