Manchester firm chosen for Nashua school project
Last month, the committee, which is made up of both members of the Board of Education and the Board of Aldermen, heard presentation from four different firms. After mulling it over, they decided on Lavallee-Brensinger of Manchester.
But the recommendation wasn’t unanimous.
“The low bidder is a reputable company but the majority of the committee expressed a preference for a local architect,” said Ryder.
“It’s a serious problem,” he said. “We are never going to get anyone from outside to bid on our jobs.”
Lavallee-Brensinger has been involved in a number of school construction projects in Nashua, including the design of Nashua High School North and the renovation of Nashua High School South. Last year, the city hired the firm to assess the condition of Broad Street, Birch Hill Sunset Heights and Main Dunstable elementary schools, so they were already familiar with the building.
“I’m satisfied with the recommendation,” said Mosher who added there was more to consider that just the fees. “You have to look at the whole picture.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus