Manchester firm chosen for Nashua school project
Last month, the committee, which is made up of both members of the Board of Education and the Board of Aldermen, heard presentation from four different firms. After mulling it over, they decided on Lavallee-Brensinger of Manchester.
But the recommendation wasn’t unanimous.
“The low bidder is a reputable company but the majority of the committee expressed a preference for a local architect,” said Ryder.
“It’s a serious problem,” he said. “We are never going to get anyone from outside to bid on our jobs.”
Lavallee-Brensinger has been involved in a number of school construction projects in Nashua, including the design of Nashua High School North and the renovation of Nashua High School South. Last year, the city hired the firm to assess the condition of Broad Street, Birch Hill Sunset Heights and Main Dunstable elementary schools, so they were already familiar with the building.
“I’m satisfied with the recommendation,” said Mosher who added there was more to consider that just the fees. “You have to look at the whole picture.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spanish exchange students feel welcomed at Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem