Manchester firm chosen for Nashua school project
Last month, the committee, which is made up of both members of the Board of Education and the Board of Aldermen, heard presentation from four different firms. After mulling it over, they decided on Lavallee-Brensinger of Manchester.
But the recommendation wasn’t unanimous.
“The low bidder is a reputable company but the majority of the committee expressed a preference for a local architect,” said Ryder.
“It’s a serious problem,” he said. “We are never going to get anyone from outside to bid on our jobs.”
Lavallee-Brensinger has been involved in a number of school construction projects in Nashua, including the design of Nashua High School North and the renovation of Nashua High School South. Last year, the city hired the firm to assess the condition of Broad Street, Birch Hill Sunset Heights and Main Dunstable elementary schools, so they were already familiar with the building.
“I’m satisfied with the recommendation,” said Mosher who added there was more to consider that just the fees. “You have to look at the whole picture.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112