Lynch tapped for USNH board of trustees
Gov. Maggie Hassan nominated Lynch to the University System of New Hampshire Board of Trustees Wednesday at the Governor and Executive Council meeting.
Lynch is a 1974 graduate of the University of New Hampshire and the former president of the UNH Alumni Association.
Lynch could not be reached for comment.
The former governor would replace former Senate President Edward Dupont on the board. Dupont was a trustee for 10 years and served as chairman for several terms.
Craig, who was a former House minority leader, would fill the term of George Copadis of Manchester, who was named Department of Employment Security commissioner last year.
The council accepted the resignation of Superior Court Judge John Lewis, who will retire three years before the mandatory retirement age of 70.
He was named as superior court justice by former Gov. Jeanne Shaheen in 2001.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bridge renovation will impact Somersworth traffic - 0
- Removal process begins for Boscawen-Canterbury bridge - 1
- Rail study: Three stations for Nashua - 0
- Control of 18-mile stretch of track could affect commuter rail's return to NH - 5
- Potholes expected to plague NH drivers until weather warms - 2
- Popularity of I-93 high-speed tolls spurs surge in EZ Pass use - 5
- Study finds demand for Manchester-Concord public transit - 7
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy