Lynch tapped for USNH board of trustees
Gov. Maggie Hassan nominated Lynch to the University System of New Hampshire Board of Trustees Wednesday at the Governor and Executive Council meeting.
Lynch is a 1974 graduate of the University of New Hampshire and the former president of the UNH Alumni Association.
Lynch could not be reached for comment.
The former governor would replace former Senate President Edward Dupont on the board. Dupont was a trustee for 10 years and served as chairman for several terms.
Craig, who was a former House minority leader, would fill the term of George Copadis of Manchester, who was named Department of Employment Security commissioner last year.
The council accepted the resignation of Superior Court Judge John Lewis, who will retire three years before the mandatory retirement age of 70.
He was named as superior court justice by former Gov. Jeanne Shaheen in 2001.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 2
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 4
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 23
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 15
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 10
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- College Basketball: UNH women top Dartmouth - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules