Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Schimpf leads Fisher Cats past New Britain
New Hampshire (59-63) returns home Friday to open a brief three-game series against Trenton, which is in second place in the Eastern Division.
The Fisher Cats started Thursday's game six games behind Trenton in the loss column for the second and final playoff berth in the division.
New Hampshire took a 1-0 second inning lead when Jimenez doubled home Nolan. Andy Burns padded the lead to 2-0 in the next inning with his seventh season homer.
In the seventh Jacobo and Jimenez each had an RBI hit before Schimpf delivered his three-run homer to right for a 9-0 lead.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 9
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice