Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats split twinbill in Conn.
In the opener, Ryan Schimpf, Andy Burns and Adam Loewen each belted a solo homer and Sean Nolin pitched a complete game nine-hitter to lead the Fisher Cats to a 5-4 triumph.
Losing relief pitcher Randy Boone of New Hampshire started the seventh and final inning with a 5-3 lead. The lead evaporated quickly as doubles from Kyle Knudson, Angel Morales and Rosario tied the game at 5-5.
New Hampshire starter Tyson Brummett pitched four innings, allowing four hits.
Schimpf opened the scoring in the second inning with his 19th homer, to right field.
With one swing, New Britain's Miguel Sano made it a one-run game again with his 14th homer, to left field, in the home fifth. But his homer came just after Nolin picked off New Britain runner Danny Santana at first base. Wilson and Burns each had two hits in the seven-inning affair.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longview School science teacher lauded - 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
- Manchester school superintendent's contract renewed in secret session - 2
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 1
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings