Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Somber vigil for Josh Savyon
The community of Amherst, where Josh lived with his mother, Becky Kendall Ranes, and his stepfather Ben Ranes, has been reeling since the shooting. The candlelight vigil was organized to give people a place to share their grief and remember Josh, said organizer Mike Costolo.
Candles, donated by the Amherst WalMart and the local Boy Scouts, were lit in memory of Josh, who was preparing to start fourth grade at Wilkins School.
"He meant so much to all of us at Clark-Wilkins," said St. Amand. "We are not used to losing children the way we lost Josh. He will always live in our memories."
"Every now and then, he just bursts into tears," said Cherina Cohen, whose son Malachi was friends with Josh.
Town Adminstrator Jim O'Mara told the gathering that though the events that occurred last Sunday can't be changed, his friends and family should, "Cherish and hold dear those times you got to spend with Josh."
"He just took such joy out of so many different things," she said. "It was just fun to watch him."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth