Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Somber vigil for Josh Savyon
Dozens of people gathered on the Amherst town green in honor of Josh Savyon, 9, who was killed by his father Muni Savyon in a murder-suicide at the YWCA in Manchester last Sunday. (NANCY BEAN FOSTER/Union Leader Correspondent)
The community of Amherst, where Josh lived with his mother, Becky Kendall Ranes, and his stepfather Ben Ranes, has been reeling since the shooting. The candlelight vigil was organized to give people a place to share their grief and remember Josh, said organizer Mike Costolo.
Candles, donated by the Amherst WalMart and the local Boy Scouts, were lit in memory of Josh, who was preparing to start fourth grade at Wilkins School.
"He meant so much to all of us at Clark-Wilkins," said St. Amand. "We are not used to losing children the way we lost Josh. He will always live in our memories."
"Every now and then, he just bursts into tears," said Cherina Cohen, whose son Malachi was friends with Josh.
Town Adminstrator Jim O'Mara told the gathering that though the events that occurred last Sunday can't be changed, his friends and family should, "Cherish and hold dear those times you got to spend with Josh."
"He just took such joy out of so many different things," she said. "It was just fun to watch him."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 6
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917