Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Sex offender, 73, gets bail on failing to report charge
A police prosecutor successfully sought $1,000 cash/surety bail for Searles. He had been convicted of felonious sexual assault in Hillsborough County and aggravated felonious sexual assault in Belknap County.
William Geldart, 68, of 140 Central St., pleaded innocent Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a new charge of resisting arrest and a criminal trespass charge for which he had failed to appear Aug. 7.
He said he noticed Geldart sitting on steps, with a carriage full of aluminum cans, and asked what Geldart was doing.
Whelan said he checked Geldart’s name and learned there was a bench warrant for Geldart’s arrest because he had failed to appear in Circuit Court on a July 11 a criminal trespass charge that alleges he was at the City Library, 405 Pine St., despite being trespassed from the library.
Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier sought to keep the $200 cash/surety set by the bail commissioner, but Geldart told Judge William Lyons he didn’t think he had that much in his account and wouldn’t be getting his Social Security check until Wednesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper - 2
- Derry woman faces charges after nearly hitting Salem police officers - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 2
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 2
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917