Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Concord police investigating two armed robberies
A lone gunman robbed Sam's Food Store Thursday night, making off with an undisclosed amount of cash and a carton of Marlboro cigarettes.
The robbery happened about 9:30 p.m. at the 308 Village St. store located in the Penacook section of the city.
It is the second armed robbery in a week in Penacook. On Aug. 8, a gunman robbed the Asian Taste Restaurant at 5 Village St., fleeing with an undisclosed amount of money.
Last night's robbery happened about 9:35 p.m. at the store located at the corner of Village and Summer streets. The broad-shouldered man, dressed in black, wearing some type of ski mask and gloves, entered the store, showed the gun and demanded money and cigarettes.
He fled on foot with the cash and Marlboros, heading in a northeast direction on Summer Street and then south onto High Street before disappearing.
A New Hampshire State Police K9 unit assisted Concord officers in searching the area but the robber was not located.
In the Asian Taste Restaurant robbery, the gunman also was dressed in black, had a black mask covering his face and wore white gloves. He was described as being between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall.
He also fled the scene on foot.
The robberies are under investigation and police are trying to determine if the same man is responsible for both.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 0
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 34
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Dow, S&P 500 at records as rally continues - 0
- Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice' - 0
- Senate gives final passage to President Obama's plan for arming Syrian rebels - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 3
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 5
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917