Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Concord police investigating two armed robberies
A lone gunman robbed Sam's Food Store Thursday night, making off with an undisclosed amount of cash and a carton of Marlboro cigarettes.
The robbery happened about 9:30 p.m. at the 308 Village St. store located in the Penacook section of the city.
It is the second armed robbery in a week in Penacook. On Aug. 8, a gunman robbed the Asian Taste Restaurant at 5 Village St., fleeing with an undisclosed amount of money.
Last night's robbery happened about 9:35 p.m. at the store located at the corner of Village and Summer streets. The broad-shouldered man, dressed in black, wearing some type of ski mask and gloves, entered the store, showed the gun and demanded money and cigarettes.
He fled on foot with the cash and Marlboros, heading in a northeast direction on Summer Street and then south onto High Street before disappearing.
A New Hampshire State Police K9 unit assisted Concord officers in searching the area but the robber was not located.
In the Asian Taste Restaurant robbery, the gunman also was dressed in black, had a black mask covering his face and wore white gloves. He was described as being between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall.
He also fled the scene on foot.
The robberies are under investigation and police are trying to determine if the same man is responsible for both.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 1
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 7
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
State surplus isn't big enough
- Total Votes: 917