Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Concord police investigating two armed robberies
A lone gunman robbed Sam's Food Store Thursday night, making off with an undisclosed amount of cash and a carton of Marlboro cigarettes.
The robbery happened about 9:30 p.m. at the 308 Village St. store located in the Penacook section of the city.
It is the second armed robbery in a week in Penacook. On Aug. 8, a gunman robbed the Asian Taste Restaurant at 5 Village St., fleeing with an undisclosed amount of money.
Last night's robbery happened about 9:35 p.m. at the store located at the corner of Village and Summer streets. The broad-shouldered man, dressed in black, wearing some type of ski mask and gloves, entered the store, showed the gun and demanded money and cigarettes.
He fled on foot with the cash and Marlboros, heading in a northeast direction on Summer Street and then south onto High Street before disappearing.
A New Hampshire State Police K9 unit assisted Concord officers in searching the area but the robber was not located.
In the Asian Taste Restaurant robbery, the gunman also was dressed in black, had a black mask covering his face and wore white gloves. He was described as being between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall.
He also fled the scene on foot.
The robberies are under investigation and police are trying to determine if the same man is responsible for both.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917