Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Concord police investigating two armed robberies
A lone gunman robbed Sam's Food Store Thursday night, making off with an undisclosed amount of cash and a carton of Marlboro cigarettes.
The robbery happened about 9:30 p.m. at the 308 Village St. store located in the Penacook section of the city.
It is the second armed robbery in a week in Penacook. On Aug. 8, a gunman robbed the Asian Taste Restaurant at 5 Village St., fleeing with an undisclosed amount of money.
Last night's robbery happened about 9:35 p.m. at the store located at the corner of Village and Summer streets. The broad-shouldered man, dressed in black, wearing some type of ski mask and gloves, entered the store, showed the gun and demanded money and cigarettes.
He fled on foot with the cash and Marlboros, heading in a northeast direction on Summer Street and then south onto High Street before disappearing.
A New Hampshire State Police K9 unit assisted Concord officers in searching the area but the robber was not located.
In the Asian Taste Restaurant robbery, the gunman also was dressed in black, had a black mask covering his face and wore white gloves. He was described as being between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall.
He also fled the scene on foot.
The robberies are under investigation and police are trying to determine if the same man is responsible for both.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'