Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Concord police investigating two armed robberies
A lone gunman robbed Sam's Food Store Thursday night, making off with an undisclosed amount of cash and a carton of Marlboro cigarettes.
The robbery happened about 9:30 p.m. at the 308 Village St. store located in the Penacook section of the city.
It is the second armed robbery in a week in Penacook. On Aug. 8, a gunman robbed the Asian Taste Restaurant at 5 Village St., fleeing with an undisclosed amount of money.
Last night's robbery happened about 9:35 p.m. at the store located at the corner of Village and Summer streets. The broad-shouldered man, dressed in black, wearing some type of ski mask and gloves, entered the store, showed the gun and demanded money and cigarettes.
He fled on foot with the cash and Marlboros, heading in a northeast direction on Summer Street and then south onto High Street before disappearing.
A New Hampshire State Police K9 unit assisted Concord officers in searching the area but the robber was not located.
In the Asian Taste Restaurant robbery, the gunman also was dressed in black, had a black mask covering his face and wore white gloves. He was described as being between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall.
He also fled the scene on foot.
The robberies are under investigation and police are trying to determine if the same man is responsible for both.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483