Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Time running short on Fishers
The Fisher Cats, in need of a winning streak, open a crucial three-game set against the Trenton Thunder tonight at 7:05 at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. The teams play again on Saturday at 7:05 and on Sunday afternoon at 1:35.
"We've got a shot," Allenson said on Thursday afternoon from New Britain. "It might be a little slim, but we have a shot."
Going into Thursday night, they trailed the Thunder by six-and-a-half games in the standings and Portland was another half-game back.
"If we were to win two, we'd only pick up a game," Allenson said. "We probably have to sweep and then we still need some help."
He contributed his team-lead 69th run batted in for New Hampshire in a Wednesday night win and made his Triple-A debut with a matinee splash: Glenn provided the only Bison runs with a two-run home run in a 4-2 loss to Rochester.
In all, they have 19 games left starting tonight. Only seven of those are at home. They also have four road games, including a doubleheader, at Reading from Aug. 23-25 and then close out with four games at Binghamton from Aug. 30-Sept. 2.
They tied a franchise record with eight straight wins in mid-July and made it 11 wins in 13 games with a 4-3 decision over Harrisburg on July 22.
Times have been tough since and they had gone 6-15 in their last 21 going into Thursday night and were 17 games out of first place.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice