Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Time running short on Fishers
The Fisher Cats, in need of a winning streak, open a crucial three-game set against the Trenton Thunder tonight at 7:05 at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. The teams play again on Saturday at 7:05 and on Sunday afternoon at 1:35.
"We've got a shot," Allenson said on Thursday afternoon from New Britain. "It might be a little slim, but we have a shot."
Going into Thursday night, they trailed the Thunder by six-and-a-half games in the standings and Portland was another half-game back.
"If we were to win two, we'd only pick up a game," Allenson said. "We probably have to sweep and then we still need some help."
He contributed his team-lead 69th run batted in for New Hampshire in a Wednesday night win and made his Triple-A debut with a matinee splash: Glenn provided the only Bison runs with a two-run home run in a 4-2 loss to Rochester.
In all, they have 19 games left starting tonight. Only seven of those are at home. They also have four road games, including a doubleheader, at Reading from Aug. 23-25 and then close out with four games at Binghamton from Aug. 30-Sept. 2.
They tied a franchise record with eight straight wins in mid-July and made it 11 wins in 13 games with a 4-3 decision over Harrisburg on July 22.
Times have been tough since and they had gone 6-15 in their last 21 going into Thursday night and were 17 games out of first place.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Divisions still under discussion - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats' fortunes at Maine may rest with the big guys - 0
- Monarchs continue their battle of the Atlantic - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 9
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans