Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH vs. Maine, times four, starting in 2014
They will double that number the following year.
UNH and Maine are putting together a deal that will have them face off four times in both the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.
Each season, they will play one Hockey East league game in Durham and one in Orono. They will also play one non-conference game at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester and one at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, according to an official in the UNH athletics department.
The dates are still being sorted out.
Hockey East teams have traditionally played three league games against each other. That number has been cut back to two this year as the league expands to 11 teams with the addition of Notre Dame. Teams will now play each other twice a year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats looking for quicker start against Miami - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0