Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fishers blast Thunder, 14-4, now 3 1/2 games out of playoff picture
Kenny Wilson, who had the game-winning RBI single in Friday night's 5-4, 15-inning win over the Thunder on Friday night, had three hits for the Fishers, as did Andy Burns. Adam Loewen and John Tolisano each drove in three runs. New Hampshire had four-run fourth and sixth innings in the win.
New Hampshire starter Marcus Stroman went 5-2/3 innings, allowing four runs (two earned), while scattering six hits, striking out six and walking none to improve to 7-4 on the season.
Trenton starter Nik Turley (9-7) gave up nine runs in the loss before being relieved in the fourth inning. The Thunder, coming off that marathon loss Friday night, were forced to use catcher (and Friday night's losing pitcher) Jose Gil as a pitcher for a second consecutive night, this time tossing a scoreless eighth inning.
New Hampshire is now within 3-1/2 games of Trenton for the Eastern Division Wild Card spot with 17 games remaining in the regular season. The teams play for the last time this season on Sunday at 1:35. Thunder scheduled starter Jeremy Bleich had to leave the team Saturday for personal reasons, and Trenton has not announced a starting pitcher. RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx will start for New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan