Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Father's rabbi speculates: 'If he left Joshua alive, his ex won'
Joshua also would spend Mother's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas with his mother. He would spend Father's Day and seven Jewish holidays with his father in Manchester, according to the plan.
Joshua's mother, now Becky Ranes, is married and lives in Amherst.
Edwin Kelly, administrative judge of the Circuit Court, said Savyon had asked to modify the parenting plan in February of 2012. "He wanted more parenting time," he said.
According to court records, during "a heated exchange" on March 29, 2012, Savyon had told Ranes, "I have snapped. We live in New Hampshire. I have a gun, it's going to be either you or me and Joshua." The court granted Ranes a restraining order against Savyon and ordered him to complete an anger management evaluation "to assess dangerousness."
Last March, Ranes filed for an extension of the domestic violence order of protection, which was due to expire on May 3, according to court records. A hearing was set for Aug. 27 in 9th Circuit Court, Family Division, in Merrimack.
And it was during one of those visits, at the Manchester YWCA, that Savyon shot and killed his son and then himself last Sunday.
Rabbi Levi Krinsky had known the father and son for several years; Savyon brought Joshua to events at the Chabad Lubavitch synagogue in Manchester.
He last saw Muni Savyon the Wednesday before the murder-suicide and said Savyon had just returned from Israel, after the unexpected death of his younger brother there.
"He was losing custody of the only other person in his life, which was Joshua," Krinsky said.
Now, Krinsky said, there are two mothers who are mourning lost sons: Joshua's mother here in New Hampshire and Savyon's mother in Israel.
Then, authorities say, halfway through his 9:30 a.m. supervised visit with Joshua, he pulled out a handgun and shot his son several times before turning the gun on himself.
Asked how he would fix the system for broken families, Krinsky said it's a matter of making children the priority. "A family is the most precious thing we have. We're partners of God. We bring people into the world.
What does Krinsky wish he'd said to Savyon that last day he saw him? "I would tell him simply that every single person that was created on the face of the earth has a purpose and mission in life. The fact that you're born means that you matter in God's eyes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 3
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424