Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline man, 20, killed in Mass. car crash; friend charged
Kendell Van Schoick, 20, of Brookline, died in the crash which happened at about 3 a.m. on Friday morning at Bayberry Road Heald streets in Pepperell.
David Riendeau, 19, also of Brookline was charged with vehicular homicide while under the influence of liquor, which is a felony according to a spokeswoman for the district attorney for the Northern District of Massachusetts.
Van Schoick was described on his Facebook page as a student in the high performance automotive program at University of Northwestern Ohio. He had been employed as an automotive technician for Tires Plus, a chain of repair shops based in the Midwest.
Riendeau was arraigned in Ayer, Mass., District Court and released on $5,000 bail on the condition that he not drive a car, remain alcohol free and submit to random alcohol testing. He was ordered to return to court on Aug. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 1
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 1
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teen charged with robbery - 0
- U.S. attorneys general urge Wal-Mart, other retailers to stop selling tobacco - 1
- Area firefighters save Nottingham home after chimney fire spreads - 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 1
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 11
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents