Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline man, 20, killed in Mass. car crash; friend charged
Kendell Van Schoick, 20, of Brookline, died in the crash which happened at about 3 a.m. on Friday morning at Bayberry Road Heald streets in Pepperell.
David Riendeau, 19, also of Brookline was charged with vehicular homicide while under the influence of liquor, which is a felony according to a spokeswoman for the district attorney for the Northern District of Massachusetts.
Van Schoick was described on his Facebook page as a student in the high performance automotive program at University of Northwestern Ohio. He had been employed as an automotive technician for Tires Plus, a chain of repair shops based in the Midwest.
Riendeau was arraigned in Ayer, Mass., District Court and released on $5,000 bail on the condition that he not drive a car, remain alcohol free and submit to random alcohol testing. He was ordered to return to court on Aug. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Hooksett officer struck by motorist
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072