Reed claims maiden PGA tour win at Wyndham Championship
Texan Reed, 23, birdied the second extra hole to beat Jordan Spieth at Sedgefield Country Club and secure his first victory on tour.
Spieth, 20, was gunning for his second victory in his past four starts, after his breakthrough at the John Deere Classic last month. He almost became the youngest two-time winner in the modern era on the PGA Tour, but his runner-up finish nonetheless confirmed his status as one of the game’s rising stars.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal