Home » News » Public Safety
Driver killed in head-on collision on Route 16 in Pinkham's Grant
A 911 caller reported that the accident took place in the vicinity of the Appalachian Mountain Club Lodge, Lt. Todd Landry of Troop F in Twin Mountain said in a news release.
"Responding personnel arrived to find that a Toyota Sienna Caravan had been traveling northbound and for an unknown reason crossed the center line and struck a Pontiac Grand Prix head-on," police said.
The driver of the Pontiac suffered "traumatic injuries" and was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in that car was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Toyota Sienna and four "youth passengers" were transported via ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Conway, for non-life threatening injuries.
"The name of the deceased and all others is currently being withheld until family notification has been made," according to Landry, who said police would issue that information later.
Personnel from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office, U.S. Forest Service and Gorham Fire and Rescue responded to the scene near the foot of Mt. Washington in the unincorporated area midway between Gorham to the north and Jackson to the south.
The cause of the collision is under investigation headed by Trooper Meredith Favreau, according to police. Anyone with information - including witnesses to the crash - are asked to contact Favreau at (603) 846-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released