Home » News » Public Safety
Driver killed in head-on collision on Route 16 in Pinkham's Grant
A 911 caller reported that the accident took place in the vicinity of the Appalachian Mountain Club Lodge, Lt. Todd Landry of Troop F in Twin Mountain said in a news release.
"Responding personnel arrived to find that a Toyota Sienna Caravan had been traveling northbound and for an unknown reason crossed the center line and struck a Pontiac Grand Prix head-on," police said.
The driver of the Pontiac suffered "traumatic injuries" and was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in that car was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Toyota Sienna and four "youth passengers" were transported via ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Conway, for non-life threatening injuries.
"The name of the deceased and all others is currently being withheld until family notification has been made," according to Landry, who said police would issue that information later.
Personnel from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office, U.S. Forest Service and Gorham Fire and Rescue responded to the scene near the foot of Mt. Washington in the unincorporated area midway between Gorham to the north and Jackson to the south.
The cause of the collision is under investigation headed by Trooper Meredith Favreau, according to police. Anyone with information - including witnesses to the crash - are asked to contact Favreau at (603) 846-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name