Home » News » Public Safety
Driver killed in head-on collision on Route 16 in Pinkham's Grant
A 911 caller reported that the accident took place in the vicinity of the Appalachian Mountain Club Lodge, Lt. Todd Landry of Troop F in Twin Mountain said in a news release.
"Responding personnel arrived to find that a Toyota Sienna Caravan had been traveling northbound and for an unknown reason crossed the center line and struck a Pontiac Grand Prix head-on," police said.
The driver of the Pontiac suffered "traumatic injuries" and was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in that car was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Toyota Sienna and four "youth passengers" were transported via ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Conway, for non-life threatening injuries.
"The name of the deceased and all others is currently being withheld until family notification has been made," according to Landry, who said police would issue that information later.
Personnel from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office, U.S. Forest Service and Gorham Fire and Rescue responded to the scene near the foot of Mt. Washington in the unincorporated area midway between Gorham to the north and Jackson to the south.
The cause of the collision is under investigation headed by Trooper Meredith Favreau, according to police. Anyone with information - including witnesses to the crash - are asked to contact Favreau at (603) 846-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072