Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man faces tampering charges connected to city homicide
MANCHESTER — A city man is charged with tampering with a witness in the homicide investigation into the May 18 shooting death of Mark Donnelly on Prospect Street.
No one has been charged with the murder of Donnelly, a 31-year-old father of two, however.
“The investigation is open and ongoing,” said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery A. Strelzin.
Haidar Adams, 37, of 140 Central St., was indicted by a grand jury in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, on three felony charges, including witness tampering and two counts of assaulting a police officer. The indictments were issued Friday and made public Tuesday.
The grand jury also brought a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest against him.
According to the indictments, two days after the murder, Adams told a woman named Christine Rolfe not to tell police she saw him with a man named John Ramos the night Donnelly, 31, was shot and killed.
The assault indictments allege on May 24 Adams hit Officer Robert Bellenoit's hands and pinned him against an elevator wall when the officer tried to remove him from the elevator.
Donnelly, a noted graffiti artist originally from Nashua but who lived and worked in Manchester, was heading back to a friend's college graduation party at a Penacook Street apartment on May 18 when he was shot and killed.According to Donnelly's fiancee, Vanessa Hall, he was with two friends. The trio had a confrontation with a woman who asked them for money. She told them she would be back with her boyfriend and when the group neared Pine Street, a sedan pulled up alongside them and a man inside pulled out a gun and shot Donnelly, Hall said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth