Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man faces tampering charges connected to city homicide
MANCHESTER — A city man is charged with tampering with a witness in the homicide investigation into the May 18 shooting death of Mark Donnelly on Prospect Street.
No one has been charged with the murder of Donnelly, a 31-year-old father of two, however.
“The investigation is open and ongoing,” said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery A. Strelzin.
Haidar Adams, 37, of 140 Central St., was indicted by a grand jury in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, on three felony charges, including witness tampering and two counts of assaulting a police officer. The indictments were issued Friday and made public Tuesday.
The grand jury also brought a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest against him.
According to the indictments, two days after the murder, Adams told a woman named Christine Rolfe not to tell police she saw him with a man named John Ramos the night Donnelly, 31, was shot and killed.
The assault indictments allege on May 24 Adams hit Officer Robert Bellenoit's hands and pinned him against an elevator wall when the officer tried to remove him from the elevator.
Donnelly, a noted graffiti artist originally from Nashua but who lived and worked in Manchester, was heading back to a friend's college graduation party at a Penacook Street apartment on May 18 when he was shot and killed.According to Donnelly's fiancee, Vanessa Hall, he was with two friends. The trio had a confrontation with a woman who asked them for money. She told them she would be back with her boyfriend and when the group neared Pine Street, a sedan pulled up alongside them and a man inside pulled out a gun and shot Donnelly, Hall said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 24
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Portsmouth's McCafferty confirmed by US Senate as federal judge - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 3
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424