Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester man killed by Weare police was low-level dealer of hard drugs
Twice in the last four years, Nashua police arrested Alex Cora DeJesus following multiple drug sales. The amounts were small, the drugs were hard, and the buyers were confidential informants.
Those who knew DeJesus said he didn't have the guns or intimidating swagger that one envisions at the words "drug dealer."
"If they had said he was armed, I wouldn't have believed it," Jsirandanis said. "He was just a laid-back guy who made money the easy way."
Most of his acquaintances said they weren't surprised that DeJesus was involved with drugs. But they described him as quiet, nice or friendly.
Manuel Gonzalez, owner of R&E Grocery on the corner of Merrimack and Maple streets, said DeJesus was nice. He came in often, buying a pack of Newport cigarettes and either a single Corona or Heineken beer, Gonzalez said.
According to records at Hillsborough County Superior Court South, Nashua police arrested DeJesus in 2009 and 2011.
Heriberto Ozoria, owner of Eddy's Hair Salon, said he hired DeJesus out of a halfway house. DeJesus worked at the Maple Street barber shop for about five months, before Ozoria fired him this past spring."He did a good job (cutting hair). I don't know why he didn't keep it as a profession," Ozoria said. But DeJesus came in late to work and wouldn't listen to Ozoria. His boss suspected him of drug use, perhaps marijuana.
DeJesus lived in an upstairs apartment on a two-story building on Maple Street between Hanover and Amherst streets. The names on the mailbox read Cora DeJesus and Scott, although the neighbor, Betty, said he lived alone.
The landlord said DeJesus' distraught father came by Friday and asked to gather his son's belongings. But when Jsirandanis opened the apartment, it had been burglarized. A safe was smashed, TVs were gone, and clothes were strewn around the apartment.
New Hampshire Union Leader Correspondent Kimberly Houghton contributed to this article.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief