Convicted bank robber charged in Concord armed robberies
CONCORD — Police have charged a federal fugitive with the armed robbery of two businesses in the Penacook section of Concord earlier this month.
Benjamin W. Hugron, 32, of Pavillion Drive, will be arraigned Tuesday in Sixth Circuit Court-Concord District Division in the Aug. 8 robbery of the Asian Taste restaurant and the Aug. 15 robbery of Sam's Food Store.
Police said that in both incidents the robber entered the establishment and displayed a handgun. At the Asian Taste restaurant, the robber fled on foot with cash. In the Sam's Food Store robbery, he demanded cash and cigarettes before fleeing on foot.
Police credit a tip received by Concord Regional Crimeline for identifying Hugron as a possible suspect and detectives learned there was a warrant for his arrest from the U.S. Department of Probation and Parole.
Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said the federal warrant was issued just two days before the first robbery. Hugron, who had been released earlier this year, was sentenced in May 2008 in U.S. District Court in Concord to serve 84 months in federal prison for the April 5, 2007, robbery of Citizens Bank in Penacook and the April 8, 2007, robbery of Brooks Pharmacy in Concord.
The sentence called for Hugron to be on probation for three years after his release from prison and to pay restitution.
O'Malley said several deputies from the U.S. Marshals Service worked with Concord officers and arrested Hugron on the fugitive warrant. He said Concord detectives recovered evidence to support Hugron's arrest for the new robberies while executing a search warrant at Pavillion Drive.
O'Malley said Hugron was served with both warrants Monday while at U.S. District Court in Concord.