Goffstown resident Garrison receives footballs, offers
Garrison, a 6-foot-4, 218-pound wide receiver who will soon be starting his second season with the Lawrence Academy football team in Groton, Mass., has four scholarship offers and it appears many more will soon be headed his way.
Garrison played football at Goffstown High School as a sophomore, but then transferred to Lawrence Academy, where he repeated his sophomore year. He'll be a junior this season.
Garrison, 17, also plays linebacker/strong safety for Lawrence Academy, but college coaches are recruiting him to play on the offensive side of the ball. Recruiting services like ESPN's Recruiting Nation and Rivals.com list Garrison as a tight end because many schools project him as an H-back receiver in college, but he may have changed some opinions with his performance at BC camp this summer.
"When you see him on film what jumps out at you is he almost seems like he should be smaller than he is because of some of the things he can do on the field," Zukauskas said. "He has playmaking ability. He has the physical attributes to get the ball. He can jump up over kids and get the ball, and he can break tackles, too.
"I know he's a little bigger and a little stronger than he was last year, so physically he hasn't peaked, either."
"Right now I just want to focus on the football season," Garrison said. "I'm trying to stay open as long as possible. We'll see what comes along."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 0
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
- Derry medical corps to seek grant - 0
- NH reps eyeing budget deal - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840