Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Manchester police investigate gunpoint robbery
MANCHESTER – Police are searching for a gunman who robbed a man walking home Tuesday night from Cumberland Farms on Hanover Street.
James Garcia, 30, told police he was in the alley southwest of Maple and Hanover streets when a man came up behind him and told him to “run your pockets.” Garcia turned around to find a large gun with an extended clip, similar to a “tech-9” gun, pointed at his face, according to a police news release of the incident.
Garcia gave up some cash and his cigarettes and the robber fled with them, running east in the alley toward Maple Street.
The robber is described as a thin black man in his 20s, about 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall. He was dressed completely in black – shirt, pants and baseball hat – and had a mask covering the lower portion of his face.
Garcia told police he believes two other men, who he saw nearby just before he was robbed, may have been with the robber. The only description he could give of those men was that they were either black or Hispanic, average height and wearing either gray or white shirts. One was thin, while the other was heavyset.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424