Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester police investigate gunpoint robbery
MANCHESTER – Police are searching for a gunman who robbed a man walking home Tuesday night from Cumberland Farms on Hanover Street.
James Garcia, 30, told police he was in the alley southwest of Maple and Hanover streets when a man came up behind him and told him to “run your pockets.” Garcia turned around to find a large gun with an extended clip, similar to a “tech-9” gun, pointed at his face, according to a police news release of the incident.
Garcia gave up some cash and his cigarettes and the robber fled with them, running east in the alley toward Maple Street.
The robber is described as a thin black man in his 20s, about 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall. He was dressed completely in black – shirt, pants and baseball hat – and had a mask covering the lower portion of his face.
Garcia told police he believes two other men, who he saw nearby just before he was robbed, may have been with the robber. The only description he could give of those men was that they were either black or Hispanic, average height and wearing either gray or white shirts. One was thin, while the other was heavyset.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483