Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Alleged drunk driver likely to face new charges following death of passenger
Shackelford was injured Saturday night when a vehicle driven by Lacey Lane, 22, also of Manchester, struck a flatbed tractor trailer unit parked on the side of the road in the area of 1733 Wellington Road.
Shackelford was transported to the Elliot Hospital after the crash at about 10 p.m. Saturday and was then airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where he died.
Lane was initially charged with felonies of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs, operating after suspension/revocation and reckless conduct and was released on $1,000 cash/surety bail, scheduled for arraignment in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Sept. 4.
Tessier said earlier that if Shackelford died, Lane's charges could be amended to reflect that.
Full text of earlier article continues below.
Alleged drunk driver could face tougher charges if gravely-injured passenger dies
A 24-year-old Manchester man is in critical condition in a Boston hospital with injuries suffered in the crash.
Lacey Lane, 22, is free on $1,000 cash/surety bail, currently scheduled for arraignment Sept. 4 in Manchester District Court on felony charges of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs, operating after suspension/revocation and reckless conduct.
One passenger, Joshua Shackelford, 24, of Manchester, was transported to Elliot Hospital with life-threatening injuries and later airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
A second passenger in Lane's vehicle, Kristina Longley, 21, of Loudon, was treated for serious but not life-threatening injuries at the Elliot Hospital. Lane was treated for minor injuries at Elliot Hospital and released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal